The Cadillac SRX is a luxury crossover SUV based on the company's rear wheel drive Sigma automobile platform. The SRX was introduced in the 2004 model year. Engine options include the 4.6 L 320hp Northstar V8 and 260hp High-Feature V6. It comes with a 5-speed automatic transmission, and all-wheel-drive is optional.
The base price is US$36,990 for the V6 and US$44,990 for the V8.
See Wikicars' comprehensive Cadillac SRX Review.
- 1 Recent Changes
- 2 Styles and Major Options
- 3 Pricing
- 4 Gas Mileage
- 5 Engine and Transmission
- 6 Performance
- 7 Reliability
- 8 Safety
- 9 Photos
- 10 Colors
- 11 Main Competitors
- 12 Hybrid Models
- 13 Unique Attributes
- 14 Interior
- 15 Resale Values
- 16 Criticisms
- 17 Generations
- 18 Current Generation: (2010–present)
- 19 Worldwide
- 20 Design quirks and oddities
- 21 Awards
- 22 See also
- 23 External Links
- The next generation of the SRX is due out in mid-2009. Not much is known at this point but it is confirmed that the new CUV will draw styling cues from the Cadillac Provoq Concept and share the next generation Theta mid-size CUV platform with the Saturn VUE and the Saab 9-4X. 
- As of 2006, there will be no V-Series SRX-V, and the vehicle will not be replaced before 2008, though the interior will be upgraded with more luxurious materials and trim for the 2007 model year. A Sport model, also launched for 2007, will be an appearance package with larger wheels and less chrome.
Styles and Major Options
An all-leather interior and curtain side airbags are standard in both models. Heated front seats and wood interior trim are standard in the V8 and available as options in the V6. DVD, sunroof, navigation system, and a foldable third-row seat are all available options.
Add more fields as necessary.
Add more fields as necessary.
As seen on the FuelEconomy.gov website, the City/Highway MPG averages are as follows:
Engine and Transmission
Specifications, details, graphs, pictures and other information regarding the powertrain is placed in this section.
Please make sure to write information of the vehicle's performance in a third-person point of view. This section should include information about the car's acceleration figures, handling, braking, etc.
If using information gathered from Road Test articles from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
- RECALL ALERT: On October 10, 2008, Cadillac issued a recall alert affecting 17,301 MY2004 Cadillac SRXs due to a transmission anomaly in which the gear lever can be moved from the "park" position with the ignition "on" and without the operator depressing the brake pedal or, in some cases, the shifter can be moved from the "park" position with the ignition turned off. The recall begins in December 2008 and Cadillac dealers will replace the pawl stopper and a bushing within the shifter assembly free of charge. For more information, you can contact Cadillac at 1-800-982-2339. 
- RECALL ALERT: On October 07, 2010, Cadillac announced a recall alert affecting 3,996 MY2010 SRXs due due to a possible damage to the power steering line allowing the power steering fluid to possibly leak and make its way onto hot engine parts resulting in a fire. The affected vehicles were built in December 2009, with 3,460 of those sold in the United States, while 341 were exported to China. 
This section should reference points on safety ratings and features of the vehicle.
Add Photos of the vehicle here.
Please make sure not to use copyrighted photos.
List the colors that the particular <MODEL> is offered in.
If there are hybrid versions of this vehicle manufactured, then please elaborate a little bit on it here.
This section should include information on the interior's design, build quality, ergonomics, space (head and legroom, front and rear), features, stowage compartments and overall comfortability and livability. Add pictures wherever applicable and keep information in a third-person point of view.
Add more fields as necessary.
|Year X||Year X-2||Year X-3||Year X-4|
"This is a very ugly car. So ugly, in fact, that you'll want to get inside it and shut the door as quickly as possible. But sadly, when you are inside it's even worse. If it were a creature, it wouldn't be a lion or a praying mantis or even a chimp. No, I think it would be a wasp - useless and hateful in equal measure." Jeremy Clarksin, Top Gear
Fill in as many as appropriate. Add more if necessary and pictures wherever applicable.
Please make sure NOT to use copyrighted pictures.
Current Generation: (2010–present)
For the 2010 model year, Cadillac will introduce an all new SRX based on the Provoq concept vehicle<ref>Forget BRX: 2010 Cadillac SRX Is the New SRX</ref>. The production car will share the front-wheel drive GM Theta platform with Saab which will get its own CUV, the 9-4X.
The first official pictures of the production vehicle were released on August 15, 2008<ref>First official shots of 2010 Cadillac SRX crossover—Verdict On Cars</ref>.
First Generation/Origins (2004–2009)
Engine options include the 255 hp (190 kW) LY7V6 and the 4.6 L 320 hp (239 kW) Northstar V8. It is based on the GM Sigma platform and comes with a five or six-speed automatic transmission; rear-wheel drive and four-wheel drive are available.
An all-leather interior and curtain side airbags are standard in both models. Heated front seats and wood interior trim are standard in the V8 and available as options in the V6. DVD, sunroof, navigation system, and a power foldable third-row seat are all available options.
The base price is US$ 38,880 for the V6 and US$ 45,880 for the V8 version.
As of 2006, there will be no V-Series SRX-V, and the vehicle will not be replaced before 2008, though the interior will be upgraded with more luxurious materials and trim for the 2007 model year. A Sport model, also launched for 2007, will be an appearance package with larger wheels and less chrome.
The first generation SRX will be available through the 2009 model year.
If the vehicle is sold in other markets worldwide, then this is the section to mention that information. Also, mention if the <MODEL> goes by another name in these other markets.
Design quirks and oddities
Refer to any pop-culture tidbits about the vehicle in this section.
- The SRX won Car and Driver's Five Best Trucks "luxury SUV" award for 2004, 2005 and 2006.
- The Cadillac SRX was also nominated for the North American Truck of the Year award for 2004.
- the Caddy Edge
- ModernOffroader.com cutaway drawing
- Caddyinfo.com Cadillac Discussion and Technical Information
- 2008 Cadillac SRX photo
- 2010 Cadillac SRX: Web Video Teases New Caddy Crossover