Wikicars, a place to share your automotive knowledge
|aka|| Nissan Qashqai (Europe)|
Nissan Dualis (Japan)
|Class||Compact crossover SUV|
|Body Style||5-door FF layout SUV|
|Width||Width - type here|
|Height||Height - type here|
|Weight||Weight - you get the point|
|Transmission|| 6 speed Manual|
Xtronic CVT™, FWD (optional AWD)
|Engine||2.5 litre DOHC I4, 16-valve|
|Power|| 170 hp @ N/A rpm|
175 lb.-ft. of torque @ N/A rpm
|Similar|| Honda CR-V|
Hyundai Santa Fe
|Designer||Designer (lead designer if it was a team effort)|
The Nissan Qashqai is a new compact crossover SUV to be released in early 2007 for the 2008 model year by the Japanese automaker Nissan. The Rogue will be sold in North America and will replace the Nissan X-Trail in Canada as Nissan's smaller crossover SUV, as the Murano continues to grow in size and price. The Nissan Rogue will make its debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January 7, 2007.
See Wikicars' comprehensive <MODEL> Review.
- For 2009, Nissan adds a 7-seat LWB variant to the Qashqai (and JDM Dualis) range tentatively called the Qashqai+2. Expected to debut at the 2008 London Motor Show, the crossover is now extra long by 211 mm or 8.3 in to 4,526 mm or 178.2 in over the 5-seater. The wheelbase has also grown by 135 mm or 5.3 in. – taking it to 2,765 mm or 109 in. It is also extra higher by 38 mm (now 1,643 mm or 64.7 in) due to the roof being reshaped. Headroom benefits all around. All this extra real estate has taken a toll on the vehicle. It now sports a porky extra 100 kg or 220 pounds of weight so Nissan has seen it fit to overhaul the suspension settings and retune steering assistance. In Europe, the fat will be shoved along by a choice of two gas/petrol and two diesel burners:
- 1.6 litre Petrol 115 Hp FWD + 5-speed Manual
- 2.0 liter Petrol 140 hp Nissan ALL-MODE 4WD + 6-speed Manual (optional Nissan CVT)
- 1.5 liter Diesel 106 hp FWD + 6-speed Manual
- 2.0-liter Diesel 150 hp Nissan ALL-MODE 4WD + 6-speed Manual (optional 6-Speed Auto)
Styles and Major Options
- platform Nissan C platform
- Premium Package (SL 2WD) $1,900
- Premium Package (SL AWD) $2,200
- Leather Package (SL AWD) $1,800
- Moonroof (SL) $800
- splash guards $125.
Add more fields as necessary.
|S CVT FWD||S CVT AWD||SV CVT FWD||SV CVT AWD||SV CVT w/SL Package FWD||SV CVT w/SL Package AWD||S Krom Edition CVT FWD||S Krom Edition CVT AWD|
Add more fields as necessary.
As seen on the FuelEconomy.gov website, the City/Highway MPG averages are as follows:
Engine and Transmission
Specifications, details, graphs, pictures and other information regarding the powertrain is placed in this section.
Please make sure to write information of the vehicle's performance in a third-person point of view. This section should include information about the car's acceleration figures, handling, braking, etc.
If using information gathered from Road Test articles from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
- RECALL ALERT: On Oct 15 2008, Nissan issued a recall affecting 200,000 Nissans including all 2007 and 2008 Rogues due to a faulty front passenger side airbag sensor that could fail to detect the presence of a passenger, thus, preventing the deployment of the airbag. Owners are urged to contact 1-800-647-7261 or their nearest dealer to get the system replace free of charge. 
|3 yr. / 36,000 mi.||5 yr. / 60,000 mi.||3 yr. / 36,000 mi.||5 yr. / Unlimited mi.|
This section should reference points on safety ratings and features of the vehicle.
- Phantom White
- Gotham Gray
- Silver Ice
- Venom Red
- Orange Alloy
- Indigo Blue
- Iridium Graphite
- Wicked Black
- Gray Cloth (S)
- Gray Cloth (SL)
- Black Cloth (S)
- Black Cloth (SL)
- Black & Red Cloth
- Gray Leather
- Black Leather
If there are hybrid versions of this vehicle manufactured, then please elaborate a little bit on it here.
This section should include information on the interior's design, build quality, ergonomics, space (head and legroom, front and rear), features, stowage compartments and overall comfortability and livability. Add pictures wherever applicable and keep information in a third-person point of view.
Add more fields as necessary.
|Year X||Year X-2||Year X-3||Year X-4|
Please make sure to keep critiques in a third-person point of view. If using criticisms from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
Fill in as many as appropriate. Add more if necessary and pictures wherever applicable.
Please make sure NOT to use copyrighted pictures.
Current Generation: (2007–present)
The Nissan Rogue is still in it's first generation, as it is a new model. The Rogue shares the same platform as the X-Trail, the car being replaced in Canada. Compared to the X-Trail, they both have the same wheelbase and ground clearance but the Rogue is just 315 mm shorter than the X-Trail.
In Europe, Nissan revealed in 2009 a Qashqai+2, an MPV version of the Qashqai. The only difference compared with the mainstream Qashqai is that it sits on a longer wheelbase.
In 2010, the Rogue received a mid-life facelift.
The Rogue and other Asian bound Qashqais come from Japan whereas European bound Qashqais and the Dualis (destined for Australia) come from the Sunderland plant in England. The two trim levels for the Dualis are the ST and the top-of-the-range Ti with a choice of 2WD or AWD.
Design quirks and oddities
Refer to any pop-culture tidbits about the vehicle in this section.
2010 Drive Best People Mover (Dualis +2) (Nominee)
- MyG37S a forum dedicated to Infiniti's
- OurVQ - The Premiere Nissan and Infiniti Forum Community
- Nissan Rogue to debut at North American International Auto Show
- Detroit Auto Show: 2008 Nissan Rogue
- Nissan prices Rogue from $19,250
- Seven-seat Nissan Qashqai Revealed
- 2009 Nissan Qashqai+2: LWB 7-Seater Version to Be Launched Next Week
- Nissan Qashqai+2: 7-Seater, Long-Wheel-Base Version Revealed
- Nissan Qashqai+2 UK Pricing Announced
- 2010 Nissan Rogue Krom revealed
- 2010 Nissan Qashqai : First Official Photos of Facelift Model
- "Sporty" 2010 Nissan Rogue S Krom Hits the Road from $23,940
- Nissan refreshes Rogue crossover for 2011
- 2011 Nissan Dualis Crossover Subtly Updated in Japan
- Revised 2011 Nissan Rogue Priced from $20,810
- 2014 Nissan Qashqai facelift launches - All Car Leasing Blog