Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Wikicars, a place to share your automotive knowledge
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited|
|Body Style||5-door, 5-seat SUV|
|Weight|| 3782 lb (Manual) |
3805 lb (Automatic)
|Transmission|| 6-speed Manual |
|Engine||3.8 litre OHV V6|
|Power|| 202 hp @ 5000 rpm |
237 lb-ft. of torque @ 4000 rpm
|Similar||Land Rover Defender|
|Designer||Designer (lead designer if it was a team effort)|
The JK series 2007 Wrangler Unlimited was unveiled at the New York Auto Show on April 12, 2006. It is stretched even more than the TJ model, with four doors and 20.6 in (523 mm) added to the JK Wrangler's 95.4 in (2423 mm) wheelbase. It is likely to compete with larger off-road machines like the Toyota FJ Cruiser and Hummer H3, and will be priced near $21,000.
The Unlimited is offered with either rear- or four-wheel drive and three trim levels, X-S, Sahara, and Rubicon. The lower two levels have the Command-Trac NV241 part-time two-speed transfer case with an optional Trak-Lok limited-slip differential, while the Rubicon uses a Rock-Trak version of the NV241 with electronic front- and rear-axle locking.
All Unlimited models use the 3.8 L V6 engine with 205 hp (153 kW) and 240 ft·lbf (325 N·m). The 6-speed manual is the standard transmission, with a 4-speed automatic also offered. The Unlimited offers more options and equipment than any Wrangler, including standard electronic stability program and optional seat-mounted side airbags, remote keyless entry, navigation system, and Sirius satellite radio.
See Wikicars' comprehensive Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Review.
- For 2011, the Wrangler receives major upgrades as well as a slight facelift. The biggest change concerns the much-improved interior, the new Wrangler gets a new steering wheel, instrument panel, reworked center stack, larger rear windows, lockable console, cushier armrests, new USB interface for MP3 player connection, Bluetooth streaming audio and improved cabin acoustics. Outside, new paint colors envelope the Wrangler in a choice of Bright White, Cosmos Blue, Deep Cherry Red, Detonator Yellow or Sahara Tan. The Sahara trim now also features a body-color removable hardtop. 
Power Lock and windows comes as standard
Styles and Major Options
X-S Standard Features
- 3.8 liter V6
- 6-speed Manual Transmission
- Convertible Soft Top
- Full Framed Doors with Tinted Glass Windows
- Full-Size Spare Tire
- AM/FM CD/MP3 Stereo with 6 Speakers
- Shift-on-the-fly 4x4
- Command-Trac(r) transfer case
- Skid Plates
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Warning Signal
- Cruise Control
- Leather steering wheel
- Compass and Thermometer
- Cloth Seats
- Fog Lights
- Front and rear Tow hooks
- 17" Tires and Aluminum Wheels
- Front floor mats
- Height-Adjustable Driver's Seat
- Hardtop Wiring Kit
Sahara Standard Features
In addition to or in place of X-S Standard Features
- Tubular Side Steps
- Air Conditioning
- Underhood Insulation
- Convertible Hard Top
- Upgraded Instrument Panel
- Stain-Resistant Cloth Upholstery
- 368W Sound System with 7 Speakers and Subwoofer
- Power Windows, Door Lock and Keyless Entry
- 18" Aluminum Wheels
Rubicon Standard Features
In addition to or in place of Sahara Standard Features
- Locking Front and Rear Differentials
- Electronic Front Sway Bar Disconnect
- Rock-Track (r) transfer case
- Convertible Soft Top
- Rock Rails
- 17" Machined Aluminum Wheels
- 4:1 Low Range Transfer Case with 4.10 Axle Ratio
- 32" Off-Road Tires
- 4 speed automatic transmission
- Dual Top Group - Convertible Soft Top and 3-Piece FreedomTM Hardtop.
- Power Windows, Door Locks and Keyless Entry
- Side Airbags
- AM/FM 6-disc in-dash CD/MP3 Stereo
- AM/FM CD/DVD Full-Screen Navigation Stereo with 20GB Hard Drive
- Trailer Tow Group
Add more fields as necessary.
As seen on the FuelEconomy.gov website, the City/Highway MPG averages are as follows:
Engine and Transmission
Specifications, details, graphs, pictures and other information regarding the powertrain is placed in this section.
Please make sure to write information of the vehicle's performance in a third-person point of view. This section should include information about the car's acceleration figures, handling, braking, etc.
If using information gathered from Road Test articles from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
- RECALL ALERT: Jeep recalling more than 47,000 2002-2003 Liberty because of loss of lubrication in their front ball joints due to salt and 2009 Commanders, Grand Cherokees, and Wrangler models due to a possible reversed wiring on the driver's airbag controller which may inhibit the airbag's deployment.
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
- Bright White
- Cosmos Blue
- Deep Cherry Red
- Detonator Yellow
- Sahara Tan
- Jeep Green
There are currently no Hybrid models of the Jeep Wrangler.
Only convertible four door SUV on the market as of 2009
This section should include information on the interior's design, build quality, ergonomics, space (head and legroom, front and rear), features, stowage compartments and overall comfort and livability. Add pictures wherever applicable and keep information in a third-person point of view.
As with other convertibles Jeeps, the resale value should be good.
|Year X||Year X-2||Year X-3||Year X-4|
First 4 doors Generation (2007–present)
TJ Wrangler Unlimited Also known as LJ
In 2004, Jeep introduced the Wrangler Unlimited with a 10 in (~25.4 cm) longer wheelbase; it came stuffed with a Dana 44 solid rear axle, 3:73 gear ratio, the legendary Command-Trac 231 transfer case, and is also known by its unofficial designation of LJ. However, that version was still 2 doors. In 2005, Jeep released the Rubicon Unlimited, which had the wheelbase of the Unlimited and the off-road features of the Rubicon, such as front and rear locking differentials, diamond plate rocker guards, Solid front and rear Dana 44 axles, and a tough NVG241 transfer case with a 4:0:1 low range set of gears, 245 75R 16 Goodyear MT/R's, a six-speed manual transmission as well, and many other comfort and convenience options not offered on other Wranglers.
However, that version still has 2 doors and not many aftermarket accessories existed specisically for it as the model was on sale for only 2 years. But that model proved that there was a demand for a larger Wrangler that could carry cargo as well as passenger without compromising off road performance.
Design quirks and oddities
Only 4 door convertible SUV available for civilian use
|image (between 170-190 pixels)|
SRTs: Grand Cherokee SRT8
SUVs/Trucks: CJ-2A · CJ-3A · CJ-3B · CJ-7/8 · Wrangler YJ · Wrangler TJ · CJ-10 · VJ · C101 · C104 · Wagoneer XJ · Wagoneer SJ · Grand Wagoneer · Gladiator · J-Series · Comanche · Forward Control · Cherokee SJ-XJ · Compass · Patriot · Commander
Gladiator · Hurricane · JT · Rescue · Trailhawk · Wrangler Ultimate · Renegade Hybrid Concept · Z5 Concept · Patriot Back Country Concept · EV Prototype · Wrangler Lower Forty Concept · Wrangler Overland Concept · Wrangler J7 Concept · Patriot Extreme Concept · Wrangler Trail Boss Concept · NuKizer 715 Concept · The General Concept · Mopar ImMortal Concept · Mopar XJ Stroker Concept · XJ001 Concept
|name of founder/s||Corporate website||A division of Fiat S.p.A|