Difference between revisions of "Volkswagen Transporter"
|Line 237:||Line 237:|
Revision as of 20:20, 4 December 2010
|aka||Type aka here, not up there|
|Production||produced from when to when+total units made (optional)|
|Body Style||how many doors+how many seats+what type of body|
|Length||length - type here|
|Width||Width - type here|
|Height||Height - type here|
|Wheelbase||wheelbase - type here|
|Weight||Weight - you get the point|
|Transmission||transmission + drive|
|Power|| N/A hp @ N/A rpm|
N/A lb-ft of torque @ N/A rpm
Use the following MODEL TEMPLATE as the foundation for the Wikicars' Model page:
Start off with a brief Introduction to the particular MODEL. Please DO NOT use the same Introduction text from the <MODEL> Review page, but rather paraphrase ideas relevant to grasp an overall scope of the vehicle.
Please include the following line at the bottom of this section. Please replace <MODEL> Review with the proper text:
See Wikicars' comprehensive <MODEL> Review.
- 1 Recent Changes
- 2 Styles and Major Options
- 3 Pricing
- 4 Gas Mileage
- 5 Engine and Transmission
- 6 Performance
- 7 Reliability
- 8 Safety
- 9 Photos
- 10 Colors
- 11 Main Competitors
- 12 Hybrid Models
- 13 Unique Attributes
- 14 Interior
- 15 Resale Values
- 16 Criticisms
- 17 Generations
- 18 Current Generation: (2003–present)
- 19 Worldwide
- 20 Design quirks and oddities
- 21 Awards
- 22 See Also
- 23 External Links
- For 2011, Volkswagen added a new member in its Transporter lineup. The Transporter Rockton 4MOTION is a toughened version of the Transporter designed for off-road excursions. To increase its off-road capability, it comes equipped with a Haldex-based four-wheel drive system with a differential lock on the rear axle as standard as well as reinforced suspension and damping and increased ride height by 30 millimeters. VW also offer buyers two more optional packages, the Expedition and Protective. The Expedition adds 16-inch all-terrain tires on reinforced steel rims and a different transmission which " provides greater pulling power in off-road operation", plus individually sliding and removable seats trimmed in a special fabric inside while the Protective includes underbody protection plates for the engine and transmission, fuel tank, side sills, rear axle and exhaust system, a multi-function container with a desk and a mesh partition for the passenger space. All Transporter Rocktons are offered with a 2.0-liter turbo diesel engine in a choice of two outputs, with 140 hp or 180 hp. Prices in Germany for the standard model start from € 34,545 (plus VAT) and for the "Expedition" from €42,490 (net).
- The 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show will play host to the unveiling of a facelifted and minor repackage of the T5 family', including the Transporter, Caravelle, Multivan and California. Aesthetically, the facelift focuses on the front fascia, reshaped to bring it into line with Volkswagen's current corporate face. Other updates include a range of common rail TDI engines, new rear-light clusters, more aerodynamic side mirrors, touchscreen navigation, USB connectivity, updated ESP, 4MOTION AWD and a hill-start assist feature. Plus, a manual gearbox can be optioned. Speaking of the new turbo diesels, the 2.0 TDI can be selected with four different power outputs:
All the engines have a particle filter and all will be attached, standard, to a 7-speed DSG dual clutch gearbox (unless the aforementioned Manual is specified). 
Styles and Major Options
Certain vehicles come in different trim levels or body styles. Features and major options should be mentioned here.
Add more fields as necessary.
Add more fields as necessary.
As seen on the FuelEconomy.gov website, the City/Highway MPG averages are as follows:
Engine and Transmission
Specifications, details, graphs, pictures and other information regarding the powertrain is placed in this section.
Please make sure to write information of the vehicle's performance in a third-person point of view. This section should include information about the car's acceleration figures, handling, braking, etc.
If using information gathered from Road Test articles from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
Warranty options and scheduled maintenance information should be mentioned here.
This section should reference points on safety ratings and features of the vehicle.
Add Photos of the vehicle here.
Please make sure not to use copyrighted photos.
List the colors that the particular <MODEL> is offered in.
Create links to other <MAKE> <MODEL> pages in this section.
If there are hybrid versions of this vehicle manufactured, then please elaborate a little bit on it here.
This section should include information on the interior's design, build quality, ergonomics, space (head and legroom, front and rear), features, stowage compartments and overall comfort and livability. Add pictures wherever applicable and keep information in a third-person point of view.
Add more fields as necessary.
|Year X||Year X-2||Year X-3||Year X-4|
Please make sure to keep critiques in a third-person point of view. If using criticisms from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
Fill in as many as appropriate. Add more if necessary and pictures wherever applicable.
Please make sure NOT to use copyrighted pictures.
Current Generation: (2003–present)
Fourth generation (1991-2003)
Third generation (1980-1991)
Second generation (1968-1991)
First Generation/Origins (1950-present)
If the vehicle is sold in other markets worldwide, then this is the section to mention that information. Also, mention if the <MODEL> goes by another name in these other markets.
Design quirks and oddities
Refer to any pop-culture tidbits about the vehicle in this section.
2009 Carsales Light Commercial Van People's Choice Award
- Classic Ad Watch: Einen VW-Transporter Muß Man Haben!
- 2010 VW Transporter, Caravelle, Mutlivan and California Facelift Officially Revealed
- Leaked: 2010 Volkswagen Transporter Facelift Photos
- New 2010 Volkswagen T5 Van facelift revealed
- VW Caravelle, California and Transporter get Golf nosejobs, head for Frankfurt