|MSRP Range||$19,690 - $30,230|
|Class||Mid-size luxury sport sedan|
|Body Style||4-door sedan|
|Length||191.4 in (4861 mm)|
|Width||72.2 in (1834 mm)|
|Height||57.2 in (1453 mm)|
|Wheelbase||107.4 in (2728 mm)|
|Weight||3117-3303 lbs (1314-1498 kg)|
|Transmission|| 5-speed manual |
|Engine|| 2.3 liter DOHC inline 4 |
3.0 liter DOHC V6
|Power|| 160 hp @ 6250 RPM |
156 lb-ft of torque @ 4250 RPM
221 hp @ 6250 RPM
205 lb-ft of torque @ 4800 RPM
|Similar|| Saab 9-3 |
|Platform||Ford CD3 Platform|
The Mercury Milan is a midsize luxury sport sedan based on the Ford CD3 platform. The Milan carries unique front and rear fascia designs. The Milan was originally launched as a replacement for the Mercury Sable (2006), and it also fills the gap since the discontinuation of the Mercury Mystique in 2000.
The Milan was unveiled at the 2005 Chicago Auto Show on February 9. Earlier, at the 2005 Detroit Auto Show, a hybrid version was announced for the 2009 model year.
The Milan is available with a five-speed manual, or five or six-speed automatics. All wheel drive will be added for 2007, and a hybrid version with Ford's 2nd generation hybrid engine will be available in late 2008. Milan Pricing starts at $19,690.
For 2008 the Mercury Milan gets a new voice-activated navigation system, keyless entry, five new exterior paint colors and a back-up parking sensor. Features added later in the model year include ambient interior lighting and Mercury's SYNC system, which integrates wireless devices and music players with the car.
- For 2010, the Milan receives a significant facelift and drivetrain update (as well as more techno-goodies) along with its sister, the Ford Fusion.
- ===Styles and Major Options===
- The Milan is available in six trim configurations. Their major standard features are shown below.
- * AM/FM CD stereo with MP3 capability, audio input jack, 6 speakers
- * Fold down front passenger and rear bench seat
- * 16" steel wheels with covers
- ''in place of or in addition to I-4 features:''
- * Dual Chrome-tipped exhaust
- * 16" Alloy wheels
- ''in place of or in addition to V-6 features:''
- * Power moonroof
- * 17" Alloy wheels
- The '''Premier''' Group can be added to any of these models and includes:
- * Leather Upholstery
- * 17" Alloy Wheels
- * AM/FM In-dash 6-CD changer stereo, audio input jack, 6 speakers
- '''Major optional features'''
- * Ambient lighting
- * Audiophile AM/FM 6-disc in-dash CD changer with Sirius Satellite Radio and 8 speakers
- * Sirius Satellite Radio
- * Navigation System
- * Power Moonroof
- '''Milan Trims'''
- I-4 Milan
- V-6 Milan
- V-6 Milan AWD
- I-4 Premier
- V-6 Premier
- V-6 Premier AWD
- ===Gas Mileage===
- Inline 4
- Automatic AWD
- * Consumer Reports ranked the Mercury Milan one of the most reliable cars in the USA.
- * The 2007 Mercury Milan was the Highest Ranked Mid-Sized Sedan by J.D. Power in Initial Quality.
- '''Bumper to Bumper''': 36 months/36,000 miles
- '''Major Components''': 60 months/60,000 miles
- '''Rust Through''': 60 months/unlimited miles
- '''Roadside Assistance''': 60 months/60,000 miles
- '''Standard Safety Features'''
- * 1st and 2nd Row Curtain Airbags
- * Traction Control (on V6 models)
- * Driver and Passenger Front and Side Air Bags
- '''Rating (Stars)'''
- Front Seat
- Rear Seat
- ===Resale Values===
- Year 2006
- Year 2007
- Year 2008
- Year 2009
- '''Resale Value'''
- $17,115 - $21,660
- $18,915 - $24,035