Difference between revisions of "Lexus GS 450h"
(→Styles and Major Options)
|Line 45:||Line 45:|
Revision as of 04:47, 20 July 2006
Hybrids have a stigma of being slow, strange and more expensive than conventional cars, right? Not anymore says Lexus with the GS 450h which will use a 3.5-liter V6 engine and a high-output electric motor driving the rear wheels to place the horsepower at the level of a V8 engine.
With just 2,000 units available, even at the $54,900 base price Lexus will easily sell every GS 450h unit. The company will follow the new sedan with an LS 600h model using the same rear-drive hybrid technology bolted to the new 380-horsepower V-8 to deliver V-12 performance.
See WikiCars' comprehensive Lexus GS 450h Review.
Styles and Major Options
- 3.5-liter V6 gas engine coupled with a high-output electric-drive motor, producing 340 total net HP
- Electronically controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (ECVT)
- Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) advanced stability management
- Traction control
- Regenerative braking to capture energy and recharge the battery
- Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System - $1,900
- Mark Levinson® 14-speaker 330-watt premium surround sound audio system - $1,780
- Lexus Pre-Collision System (PCS) and dynamic radar cruise control - $2,850
- Active Stabilizer Suspension System (requires run flat tires) - $3,400
- Rear Spoiler - $200
- G-Spider alloy wheels
- All-season run-flat tires - $400
- Summer run-flat tires - $480
The GS 450h base vehicle retails for $54,900 MSRP with a $695 delivery charge, amounting to a base price of $55,595.
When loaded up and compared to a fully sorted Lexus GS 430 with a comparably powered V-8 gas engine prices are very similar. Take in consideration the savings at the fuel pump and this price point will be more and more to the liking of Lexus consumers.
The projected Federal Tax Credit for owning a 2007 Lexus GS 450h is $1,550 as part of President Bush's comprehensive energy bill.
The Lexus GS 450h works out to a 25 city/28 highway mpg EPA estimated rating. Actual milage may vary.
Admittedly not as impressive as other hybrid vehicles on the market like the Honda Civic Hybrid, Toyota Camry Hybrid or even SUVs like Fords Escape Hybrid. Lexus has composed a driving guide to get the most out of their fuel efficiency systems in the GS 450h.
- Driver and front passenger airbags including front, side, side curtain and knee.
- Rear side curtain airbags.
- Electronic Traction Control.
- Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) electronic stability control.
- Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS).
- Braking Assist.
- Electronic Controlled Braking (ECB) and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD).
- Tire pressure monitor system.
- Highly rigid body structure.
- Side impact door beams.
- Front and rear crumple zones.
- 3-point seatbelt with Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) for driver.
- 3-point seatbelts with Automatic Locking Retractor/Emergency Locking Retractor (ALR/ELR) for all passengers.
- Child Restraint Seat (CRS) tether anchor brackets.
- Child safety locks and window lock button on driver door control.
- Full-color display backup camera.
- Intuitive electronic park assist.
- Theft-deterrent and engine immobilizer system.
- High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS).
- Headlamp washers.
- Daytime running lights.
- Integrated foglamps.
- Rain-sensing variable intermittent windshield wipers.
- Pre-Collision System (PCS) radar
- The Lexus GS 450h is more an attempt to raise the bar of hybrid vehicles on the marketplace then a conscientious choice. Plans are in place to have hybrid solutions throughout the Lexus lineup and will be marketed as the premium vehicle trim.
- Lexus claims a total 339 HP or 253 kW of output power pushing the GS 450h from 0-60 in 5.2 seconds.
- A Neiman Marcus limited-edition GS 450h was included in the 2005 Holiday Catalogue. Only 75 of the special cars were produced in a Crystalline Ice exterior color with Neiman Marcus logo clad interior accents and apparently sold out in 3 hours.
Due to the limited production and immediate interest there will likely be little to no resale information for some time.