Wikicars, a place to share your automotive knowledge
Revision as of 23:28, 6 November 2010 by Red marquis
Below is a list of famous automobiles:
- Ford GT40, winner of 24 Hours of Le Mans race 1966 to 1969
- Swamp Rat, name of a series of dragsters built and raced by Don Garlits.
- Green Monster, name of a series of piston and jet engine dragsters built and raced by Art Arfons.
- Moby Dick, nickname for the Porsche 935 factory model of 1978
- Stanley, first robot car to win the DARPA Grand Challenge
- Grave Digger, name of a series of popular monster trucks.
- Bigfoot, the world's first monster truck.
- Panoz Q9 Hybrid, banned from LeMans about the same time the Prius released in Japan.
- The Black 3 - Dale Earnhardt's Chevy Monte Carlo SS NASCAR stockcar.
- "La Jamais Contente" - The first car that reached 100 km/h.
- The Blue Flame - World land speed record holding rocket car.
- The Bluebird - Used for world land speed attempts by Sir Malcolm Campbell
- Green Monster, name of a series of jet engine land speed record cars built and raced by Art Arfons.
- Thrust2 - Former holder of the world land speed record.
- ThrustSSC - The world's first supersonic land vehicle.
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang from the book by Ian Fleming
- Christine from the Stephen King novel of the same name
- Rocinante, the modified camper driven by John Steinbeck in Travels with Charley
- The Betsy from the Harold Robbins novel of the same name
- Bond Cars as driven by James Bond 007
- 2054 Lexus Manglev - working red sports model - Minority Report
- Lightning McQueen from the Disney-Pixar's 2006 film Cars
- Christine (a 1958 Plymouth Fury) from the movie of the same name (based upon the novel by Stephen King)
- The Mirthmobile from Wayne's World
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang from the film of the same name (based on the Ian Fleming novel)
- Genevieve from the 1953 film of the same name. 
- Herbie from The Love Bug and four sequels
- De Lorean time machine from the Back to the Future series
- The Ectomobile from [Ghostbusters]
- Pursuit Special, the Interceptor from Mad Max
- The Bluesmobile (a 1974 Dodge Monaco police car) from [The Blues Brothers]
- Il Tempo Gigante from Pinchcliffe Grand Prix. 
- Peugeot 406 Taxi from the 1998 film Taxi, the 2000 film Taxi 2 and the 2003 film Taxi 3, and the enemies' cars, Mercedes-Benz E-Class in Taxi 1, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution in Taxi 2
- Ford Crown Victoria taxi and her enemy, BMW 7 Series from the 2004 film Taxi
- The Corvette from Corvette Summer
- The Camaro from Better Off Dead
- The Ford Mustang GT390 Fastback from [Bullitt]
- The Shelby Mustang GT500 from [Gone in Sixty Seconds]
- The Pontiac Trans Am From [Smokey and the Bandit]
- The 1970 Dodge Hemi Challenger from Vanishing Point
- The Wraith - a supernatural but extremely high-tech black car featured in the eponymous film (actually the Dodge M4S show car).
- Cat in the Hat Mobile- The main conveyance of the Dr.Seuss feline classic.
- The Silver Hornet (Citroen 2CV) from Revenge of the Pink Panther []
- The Ford LTD Crown Victoria in Men in Black I, and the Mercedes-Benz E-Class in its sequel, Men in Black II
- A 1978 Camaro/ 2009 Camaro known as Bumblebee in the movie "Transformers"
- The Homer, from The Simpson's
- 1928 Porter from My Mother the Car
- Al's Dodge, from Married... with Children
- The Batmobile from Batman
- Ford Gran Torino in Starsky and Hutch
- Bessie from Doctor Who
- The Black Beauty from The Green Hornet
- Car 54 from Car 54, Where Are You?
- The Compact Pussycat driven by Penelope Pitstop in Wacky Races
- The Mean Machine driven by Dick Dastardly in Wacky Races
- The General Lee (Dodge Charger) from The Dukes of Hazzard
- The Mach Five from the anime Go Mifune (also known as Speed Racer).
- The Peugeot 403 cabriolet from Columbo
- Gladys Crabtree from My Mother the Car
- The Grey Ghost from Baretta
- The Homer, Homer's ugly car from The Simpsons
- KITT, the talking car (Pontiac Trans Am) from Knight Rider
- Del Boy's yellow Reliant Regal Supervan in Only Fools and Horses. Later buys a 1978 Ford Capri Ghia, which Rodney nicknames 'The PratMobile'.
- The Monkeemobile, from The Monkees
- The Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo
- The Flintstones' car, from The Flintstones
- The Supercar was a children's TV show produced by Gerry Anderson's AP Films.
- The FAB 1, Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward's pink six-wheeled Rolls-Royce in the Thunderbirds TV series by Gerry Anderson's AP Films.
- Ray's black 1965 Corvette Stingray from the series Stingray
- The GMC van from the series The A-Team
- The Dodge Viper RT/10 roadster and Viper GTS coupe from the series Viper.
- The Green & Black Mini Minor featured in Mr. Bean TV Series.
- The Blue Bubble Car featured in the Mr. Bean TV Series.
- The Thunderhawk, a 1985 Chevrolet IROC-Z Camaro featured in the M.A.S.K. cartoon series
- Drag-U-La and Herman's Munster Coach from The Munsters
- GMC Truck from Fall Guy driven by Colt Seavers(Lee Majors)
- Rocket 88 by Ike Turner and the Kings of Rhythm - purportedly the first rock and roll song
- 409 by the Beach Boys
- Little Deuce Coupe by the Beach Boys
- Little GTO by Ronnie and the Daytonas
- Little Red Corvette by Prince
- The Eliminator from the videos by ZZ Top
- Red Barchetta by Rush
- Pink Cadillac by Bruce Springsteen
- Mercury Blues by Alan Jackson
- Hot Rod Lincoln by Commander Cody
- Dragula by Rob Zombie
- Mercedes-Benz by Janis Joplin
- Slick Black Cadillac by Quiet Riot
- Built For Speed by The Stray Cats
- Mustang Sally by Wilson Pickett
- The "313," Donald Duck's 1934 "Belchfire Runabout," from the Donald Duck comic books.
- Grandma Duck's Detroit Electric, also from the Donald Duck comics.
- The Batmobile, Batman's specialized vehicle.
- Shelby Cobra GT500, Rally Vincent's car from the manga Gunsmith Cats