The Toyota Camry Hybrid is a hybrid version of Toyota's popular Camry sedan, introduced for the 2007 model year in May 2006. The Camry Hybrid utilizes a four-cylinder gasoline engine together with electric motors to produce a peak of 187-hp (140 kW). Estimated U.S. sales are 60,000 per year or 15% of total Camry sales.
See also the main fact sheets for the Toyota Camry Hybrid.
Performance and Handling
- 187-hp Hybrid Engine
- Electronically controlled continuously variable (ECVT) transmission
- Curb weight of 3,680 pounds
- Front and rear strut suspension
- Front and rear anti-roll bars
- Front and rear coil springs
- Front and rear gas-pressurized shocks
- Variable assist power rack-and-pinion steering
- 0.27 Drag Coefficient
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- P215/60R16 tires
Actual mileage may vary.
The Toyota Camry Hybrid offers a myriad of safety features including the following, which come STANDARD:
- Driver and Front passenger Advanced Airbag System
- Driver and Front passenger front seat-mounted side airbags and front and rear side curtain airbags
- Driver's knee airbag
- 3-point front seatbelts with adjustable shoulder anchors and driver-side Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR), front passenger Automatic/Emergency Locking Retractor (ALR/ELR)
- 3-point front seatbelts with Automatic/Emergency Locking Retractor (ALR/ELR) for all passengers
- Outboard rear seatbelt comfort guides
- Front and rear crumple zones and side-impact door beams
- Anti-Lock Brakes System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist
- Direct Tire Pressure Monitor System
- Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management System (VDIM)
- Energy-absorbing collapsable steering column
- Child-protector rear door locks
- Rear-seat Child Restaint System (CRS) lower anchors and top-tether brackets (LATCH)
- Internal trunk-release handle
- Battery-saver feature - Deactivates interior lights after 20 minutes
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL) with "Off" mode
- Engine immobilizer
Reliability and Maintenance
Interior and Comforts
- The overall height of the Camry Hybrid is 57.5 inches, which is almost half an inch shorter than the other trims of the Toyota Camry.
- The ground clearance of the Camry varies by model as well:
- The CE and LE (4-Cylinder) trims have a clearance of 5.5 inches from the ground.
- The V6 LE, SE (4-Cylinder), and 'V6 XLE trims have a clearance of 5.3 inches from the ground.
- The V6 SE trim has a clearance of 5.1 inches form the ground.
- The Camry Hybrid has a clearance of 5.9 inches form the ground.
- The Fuel Tank of the Camry Hybrid is 17.2 gallons, whereas the fuel tank of the other Camry trims is 18.3 gallons.
Styles and Options
Camry Hybrid's features include:
- 2.4 Liter VVT-i 4-Cylinder Engine with Hybrid Synergy Drive, producing 187 net Horsepower.
- Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control that can run with the engine off
- A Super-Clean Advanced Technology Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle (AT-PZEV)
- Up to 80% fewer smog forming emissions than the average new vehicle.
Camry Hybrid Packages
- Includes power tilt/slide moonroof with sliding sunshade, dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors with dimmer control and rear personal reading lights.
Comfort and Convenience Package:
- Includes heated front seats and outside mirrors
- Includes leather-trimmed seats and door trim with integrated armrests, driver and front passenger power seats, and dual front and rear map pockets
Camry Hybrid Options
- Voice-activated DVD navigation system
- JBL AM/FM 4-disc in-dash CD changer with satellite radio capability
- MP3/WMA playback capability
- Auxiliary audio jack
- Hands-free phone capability via Bluetooth wireless technology
- 8 speakers in 6 locations and FM diversity reception
- Heated outside mirrors
WikiCars Contributor Favorites
- Toyota Camry Hybrid Reviews
- hybrid Toyota Camry Hybrid - specs, reviews, pricing information, and photos