Wikicars, a place to share your automotive knowledge
|aka||Type aka here, not up there|
|Production||2006 - present|
|Body Style||how many doors+how many seats+what type of body|
|Transmission|| 5 speed Manual|
4 speed Automatic, FWD(AWD)
|Engine||2.0l 4 cylinder Petrol|
|Power|| 143 hp @ 5300 rpm|
N/A lb-ft of torque @ N/A rpm
Maruti Suzuki SX4 in India
Suzuki SX4 is known as Maruti SX4 in the Indian auto market. India's largest passenger car manufacturer launched the new version of Maruti SX4 in India. The newer version of Maruti SX4 is packed with newer generation BS IV compliant petrol engine. Maruti has also launched two variants of Maruti SX4 which is packed with the automatic transmission gearboxes. The newly launched variants of Maruti SX4 are much more stylish than its earlier variants and feature honey-comb front grille that makes its front appearance more aggressive. Some other newly added features that make Maruti SX4 more luxurious and stylish are its dual tone beige dash board, 10-spoke stylish light weight alloy wheels, and wooden finish panels. The exterior of this car is almost the same as its older version but the interiors of Maruti SX4 have been revamped with exciting new features. All variants of Maruti SX4 are priced in the range of Rs 6.68 lacs to Rs 8.35 lacs (as ex-showroom prices in New Delhi).
Maruti SX4 has always been a safe bet and a preferred choice among the long list of cars in its segment. Presently the New Maruti SX4 is available in five speed manual transmission and 4 speed automatic transmission (ZXI, ZXI Leather). The EPS type of steering wheel and the chassis of Maruti SX4 is believed to be very powerful. Style and comfort have been kept as the two important pre-requisites of Maruti SX4 while designing it. Coupled with this muscular body and very appealing dynamic exteriors, Maruti SX4 seems a popular car among Indian buyers. Moreover European design trends gives Maruti SX4 a sporty look which gives it a debutante look. As per the details available at Maruti SX4
See Wikicars' comprehensive Suzuki SX4 Review.
- In England for 2011, Suzuki has launched the limited edition SX4 SZ-L. 
- For MY 2010, the SX4 receives its first mid-cycle facelift. 
Maruti SX4 Diesel
Maruti Suzuki, the largest passenger car manufacturer and second largest passenger car exporter of India is ready to launch its most awaited model, Maruti SX4 diesel in the Indian auto market. As per the industry sources, the Maruti SX4 diesel will be launched in the local market on 17th Feb 2011. The car will be carry the same feature as the petrol version of SX4 except the engine. As per, the company spokes person it will be powered by the 1.6L diesel engine. The diesel version of its Maruti Swift and Maruti Swift Dzire are already very popular in the Indian auto market and the company hopes to see the same success with Maruti SX4 diesel. The diesel variant of the SX4 will be pitted against the likes of Ford Fiesta, Honda City, Hyundai Verna and Fiat Linea.
Styles and Major Options
- Muscular Styling with contoured bonnet and flared wheel arches
- Chic and Sporty Honeycomb Grille
- Stylish Ten Spoke Alloy Wheels
- High 190mm Ground Clearance
- Swept back headlamps designed to lend a smouldering look to SX4.
- Aesthetically designed wraparound fog lamps for an effortless cruise in thick winters
- Maruti SX4 has strong back, adorned with handsome multi faced tail light cluster.
- With the capacity of 504 liters, the Maruti SX4 offers great boot space.
- Smooth and contemporary the new two tone dashboard caresses the senses like never before.
- Comfort is now complemented by a feeling of sheer opulence with a choice of rich leather and chic fabric.
- Cockpit style control panel lets you be in total control.
- Mesmerizing amber instrument panel.
- Graceful wood finished arm rests on trims add that sophisticated appeal.
- Find your optimum driving position, fast and easy with the six way seat adjustment.
- Extra headroom, legroom and shoulder room for extra comfort.
- A comfortable touch added to boast your relaxation levels even more.
As per the details available at Maruti SX4 Features
Add more fields as necessary.
Add more fields as necessary.
As seen on the FuelEconomy.gov website, the City/Highway MPG averages are as follows:
Engine and Transmission
Maruti SX4 is powered by 1586cc, 4 cylinder petrol engine with develops maximum power 102bhp at 5500rpm with maximum torque of 154Nm at 4200rpm. It takes a around 12 seconds to 100kph. Maruti SX4 uses 5-speed manual transmission. The SX4’s fuel economy is not poor but it’s nothing to write home about either. 9.3kpl in the city and 14.5kpl on the highway is nothing exceptional. Maruti SX4 Review
Please make sure to write information of the vehicle's performance in a third-person point of view. This section should include information about the car's acceleration figures, handling, braking, etc.
If using information gathered from Road Test articles from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
- RECALL ALERT: On Oct. 30, 2010, Suzuki announced a recall of 70,000 MY2007 MY2008 and MY2010 SX4s due to faulty side view mirror screws that could loosen because of vibration resulting in the mirror possibly falling off.
This section should reference points on safety ratings and features of the vehicle.
Add Photos of the vehicle here.
Please make sure not to use copyrighted photos.
List the colors that the particular <MODEL> is offered in.
If there are hybrid versions of this vehicle manufactured, then please elaborate a little bit on it here.
This section should include information on the interior's design, build quality, ergonomics, space (head and legroom, front and rear), features, stowage compartments and overall comfortability and livability. Add pictures wherever applicable and keep information in a third-person point of view.
Add more fields as necessary.
|Year X||Year X-2||Year X-3||Year X-4|
Please make sure to keep critiques in a third-person point of view. If using criticisms from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
Fill in as many as appropriate. Add more if necessary and pictures wherever applicable.
Please make sure NOT to use copyrighted pictures.
Current Generation: (YYYY–present)
Fifth generation (YYYY–YYYY)
Fourth generation (YYYY–YYYY)
Third generation (YYYY–YYYY)
Second generation (YYYY–YYYY)
First Generation/Origins (YYYY–YYYY)
If the vehicle is sold in other markets worldwide, then this is the section to mention that information. Also, mention if the <MODEL> goes by another name in these other markets.
Design quirks and oddities
The Suzuki SX4 has a bigger boot than the Holden Commodore.
List out notable awards that the model has recieved while in production. Boldface the company or organization that gives out the award, and Italicize the name of the award.
Current: Swift · Swift DZire · Aerio · Aerio SX · Forenza · Reno · SX4 · Grand Vitara · XL-7 · Verona · Splash · Palette · Equator · Alto · Alto Lapin · Wagon R · Wagon R Stingray · Kei · Kizashi · Solio
Racing: SX4 Pikes Peak
Include notable internal links here
|Michio Suzuki||Corporate website||Independent|
News and References
- 2010 Suzuki SX4 and SX4 Sedan Facelift Revealed in China
- Details of Maruti Suzuki SX4 cars in India
- Refreshed 2010 Suzuki SX4 with New Petrol Engine Arrives in the UK
- Maruti SX4 Pictures and Sales chart
Enthusiast Sites and Discussion Forums