Carroll Shelby International
Search By Model
|2012 Current Models|
|GT500 / GT500 KR|
This article is a stub. Help us, and you get a cookie.
Shelby American currently manufacturers component automobiles including the small block Cobra, the big block Cobra, the Shelby Series 1, and turnkey GT350SR and GT500E. Shelby is soon to debut a new car, the Shelby Series 2, in August of 2006.
The Shelby Museum is located on the site.
Shelby American was founded by Carroll Shelby. Some of the automobiles produced by Shelby American were the Ford Mustang based Shelby GT350 and Shelby GT500. Shelby American also created the legendary Shelby Cobra which was an AC Ace with a Ford V8.
Shelby American moved in 1995 to Nevada becoming the first automobile manufacturer in Nevada and began production. The line included:
- Shelby 427 S/C Cobras
- Shelby CSX4000-series
- Shelby CSX7000-series
- Shelby CSX8000-series
- Shelby Daytona
In 2003 the CSX1000-series was added and the company name was changed to Carroll Shelby International, Inc. and it was taken public.
- Carroll Shelby International Inc.
- Shelby Creates Commemorative 1966 Ford GT40 Replica
- Update: Shelby Distribution commemorative MkII GT40
- Shelby on Steroids: The Daytona Coupe Le Mans Edition
- Shelby unveils F-150 Super Snake Concept, turbocharged Mustang package
- Shelby Sued, $20K GT500KR Hoods Really Only Cost $4K