Search By Model
(insert logo here)
|2012 Current Models|
|(insert vehicle type)|
Loremo AG is a German automaker corporation, based in Munich. It was founded in 2000. Loremo is focussed on designing and manufacturing cars with very low weight and air resistance, the term "Loremo" is an abbreviation for LOw REsistance MObile. Initially the car was conceived for emerging markets such as China and India. However, due to the worldwide attention on Global Warming the company also plans to sell the Loremo across the European Union.
At the 2006 Geneva Auto Show the company has demonstrated its concept car which the company says will become a 157 MPG (1,5 l/100 km) turbodiesel car. Two different Loremo models are currently waiting in the pipeline to be produced: the Loremo LS base model, and the sportier Loremo GT. Both models will be equipped with a manual transmission and be mid engined in a 2+2 configuration.
According to the company, the Loremo LS base model will produce only 50 grams of carbon dioxide per kilometer, which would be better than any other car on the market in terms of environmental sustainability. In comparison the now most energy efficient model of the Smart by German automaker Daimler AG produces 88 grams of carbon dioxide per kilometer.
The presentation of the Loremo during the Geneva Auto show in 2006 focused on the car's body, as it lacked an engine, the next step is the installation of the turbodiesel motor device. In the light of diminishing fossil energy resources it is also envisioned to implement an electric motor in subsequent models. For September 2007 the company has planned the car's proof of concept in Frankfurt am Main, as part of the annual International Motor Show.
Mass production is planned for 2009 in a still to be constructed car factory. This factory will probably be located in the city of Dorsten in the German federal state of North Rhine-Westphalia.
|Loremo LS||Loremo GT|
|Motor||2-cylinder turbodiesel||3-cylinder turbodiesel|
|Output||15 kW/20 HP||36 kW/50 HP|
|Maximum speed||160 km/h, resp. 100 MPH||220 km/h, resp. 137 MPH|
|0-100 km/h||20 s||9 s|
|Weight||450 kg||470 kg|
|Consumption||1,5l/100km, resp. 157 MPG||2,7l/100km, resp. 87 MPG|
|Tank (Liter)||20, resp. 5.28 gallons||20, resp. 5.28 gallons|
|Fuel range||1300 km, resp. 808 miles||800 km, resp. 497 miles|
|Drag||Cw=0,20; Cw×A=0,22 m²||Cw=0,20; Cw×A=0,22 m²|
|Dimensions (l x b x h)||384 cm x 136 cm x 110 cm||384 cm x 136 cm x 110 cm|
|Price||< 11,000 Euro||< 15,000 Euro|
- Boston, William. "Driving On The Light Side", TIME Europe Magazine, July 9, 2006. Retrieved on 2006-09-02.
- Hill, Brandon. "157 MPG Vehicle for only $13,000", DailyTech, February 27, 2006. Retrieved on 2006-04-28.
- Krabbe, Alexander. "Streamline Your Gas Guzzler to 1.5 Liters", OhmyNews International, April 02, 2007. Retrieved on 2007-04-02.
- Loremo at the Australian OTC Bulletin Board news section (One of five reports on high risk investments featured by the news page)
- Public Address Science: The Astonishing New Car from Bavaria that Won't Cost the Earth (Audio file, broadcasted May 12, 2007)
- The Times: It's sexy, does 186mpg and costs £7,500, by Stefanie Marsh (March 3, 2006)
- Motor Authority: Loremo to present 100MPG+ prototype at Frankfurt, (12 August 2007)