|Class||Full-Size Luxury SUV|
|Body Style||5-door, 7/8-seat Wagon|
|Wheelbase||wheelbase - type here|
|Weight|| 5,408 lbs (2WD) |
5,761 lbs (4WD)
|Transmission||7-speed Auto w/ Adaptive Shift Control (ASC) and manual shift mode with Synchro-Rev Match, 2WD and AWD|
|Engine||5.6 litre DOHC VVT direct-injected V8|
|Power|| 400 hp @ N/A rpm |
413 lb-ft. of torque @ N/A rpm
|Similar|| Cadillac Escalade |
|Designer||Designer (lead designer if it was a team effort)|
See Wikicars' comprehensive <MODEL> Review.
- 1 Recent Changes
- 2 Styles and Major Options
- 3 Pricing
- 4 Gas Mileage
- 5 Engine and Transmission
- 6 Performance
- 7 Reliability
- 8 Safety
- 9 Photos
- 10 Colors
- 11 Main Competitors
- 12 Hybrid Models
- 13 Unique Attributes
- 14 Interior
- 15 Resale Values
- 16 Criticisms
- 17 Generations
- 18 Current Generation: (2011-Present)
- 19 Worldwide
- 20 Design quirks and oddities
- 21 Awards
- 22 See Also
- 23 External Links
- Official images of the next generation QX56 has been leaked on the internet by Infiniti ahead of its North American debut at the 2010 New York Auto Show. 
- The 2008 QX was unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show on January 7, 2007. Notable changes are:
- New front and rear bumpers
- Revised front fog lamps
- Chrome roof rack
- Standard chrome 20-inch alloy wheels
- Two new exterior colors, Lakeshore Slate and Serengeti Sand
- New dashboard with improved materials and design
- Electroluminescent gauges
- Standard heated steering wheel on 4WD models
- Power folding 3rd row seat
- New audio system utilizing a 9.5-gigabyte hard drive and compact flash memory slot for music storage
- Rear seat DVD screen enlarged to 8.0 inches
- XM NavTraffic displays real time traffic information in the navigation display
The 5.6-liter engine is still rated at 320 horsepower and maximum towing capacity remains 9,000 lbs.
Styles and Major Options
The QX56 comes in one trim level with four package options.
- Entertainment System Package
- Sunroof Package
- Split Bench Second row seating
- Towing Package
Add more fields as necessary.
Add more fields as necessary.
As seen on the FuelEconomy.gov website, the City/Highway MPG averages are as follows:
Engine and Transmission
Specifications, details, graphs, pictures and other information regarding the powertrain is placed in this section.
Please make sure to write information of the vehicle's performance in a third-person point of view. This section should include information about the car's acceleration figures, handling, braking, etc.
If using information gathered from Road Test articles from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
Warranty options and scheduled maintenance information should be mentioned here.
This section should reference points on safety ratings and features of the vehicle.
- Tuscan Pearl
- Silver Indulgence
- Pacific Sapphire
- Silver Graphite
- Liquid Onyx
- Graphite Leather with Dark Macore and Aluminum
- Willow Leather with Apaya and Aluminum
No hybrid models are currently available of the QX56, nor are there plans to introduce one.
- Throttle response tailored to engagement of four wheel drive. The throttle becomes less sensitive allowing more delicate use of torque in off road conditions.
- 9000-lb towing capacity (8900-lbs on 4WD models)
This section should include information on the interior's design, build quality, ergonomics, space (head and legroom, front and rear), features, stowage compartments and overall comfort and livability. Add pictures wherever applicable and keep information in a third-person point of view.
Add more fields as necessary.
|Year X||Year X-2||Year X-3||Year X-4|
Please make sure to keep critiques in a third-person point of view. If using criticisms from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
Fill in as many as appropriate. Add more if necessary and pictures wherever applicable.
Please make sure NOT to use copyrighted pictures.
Current Generation: (2011-Present)
This article is a stub. Help us, and you get a cookie.
Second Generation: (2004-2010)
The truck is propelled by a 5.6 L VK56DE V8 engine (320 hp [227 kW] @ 4,900 rpm and 393 ft·lbf torque @ 3,600 rpm) and a 5-speed automatic transmission with an overdrive. Each cylinder in the engine is lined with cast iron. The valvetrain is a DOHC design with four valves per cylinder. Infiniti designed the QX56's throttle responsiveness to correspond to specific drivetrain modes: when the driver selects all-wheel drive, the throttle becomes less sensitive, presumably to allow easier regulation of acceleration when off-road. The QX56 is the only full size luxury SUV to offer low range gearing for off-road use.
The Infiniti QX56 has a 9,000 lb. towing capacity on two wheel drive models (8,900 on four wheel drive models). It comes in one trim level, with only key options such as: DVD entertainment system, 4WD / 2WD, and a bench instead of captain chairs as the second row. Other features which come standard are a ten-speaker Bose system, DVD-based navigation system, leather trim for all seats, dual-climate control, 18 in. chrome alloy wheels, and an adaptive cruise control system. The vehicle is equipped with standard safety features such as front, side, and curtain airbags, adaptive front head restraints, pretensioning and load-limiting seat belt retractors and collision avoidance features including traction control and vehicle dynamic control.
As with the Nissan Armada, it is built in Canton, Mississippi; and is currently only available in the American and Canadian markets. It is also the first Infiniti built in the United States. Since priced lower than the Lexus LX, the QX56 has become a success for Infiniti, outselling the Lexus LX. The upcoming Lexus JX (which replaces the Lexus LX) is expected to outperform the QX56 when it is released.
First Generation/Origins: (1997-2003)
- see also Infiniti QX4 for more details
If the vehicle is sold in other markets worldwide, then this is the section to mention that information. Also, mention if the <MODEL> goes by another name in these other markets.
Design quirks and oddities
Refer to any pop-culture tidbits about the vehicle in this section.
List out notable awards that the model has received while in production. Boldface the company or organization that gives out the award, and Italicize the name of the award.
|image (between 170-190 pixels)|
Include notable internal links here
|Nissan||Corporate website||A subsidiary of The Renault Group|
- MyG37S a forum dedicated to Infiniti's
- OurVQ - The Premiere Nissan and Infiniti Forum Community
- Official Infiniti USA QX56 Home Page
News & References
- QX56 Bulletins and Recalls Information
- Nissan slaps $56,915* Monroney on 2010 QX56
- Leaked: 2011 Infiniti QX56 drips onto web prior to NY debut
- New York 2010: 2011 Infiniti QX56 priced identical to 2010 model at $56,700
- 2011 Infiniti QX56 review
Enthusiast Sites and Discussion Forums