Search By Model
(insert logo here)
The Imperial Automobile Company was formed by the brothers T.A. and George N. Campbell in 1908, who also ran the Jackson Carriage Company. Imperial produced mid-size cars with four-cylinder engines; the bodywork and mechanicals were primarily off-the-shelf rather than bespoke. Coachwork was done out-of-house by Beaudette Company, which also did work for Buick and Ford. Car production lasted until 1916.
In 1915, Imperial merged with Marion from Indianapolis, Indiana to form Mutual Motors Company. Under this new name, they stopped production of Imperials the following year and made Marion-Handley cars instead.
Companies undergo new model line-ups and refresh models depending on market trends. Models that have been retired or are no longer in production should be listed here.