Wikicars, a place to share your automotive knowledge
Wikicars' recommendations are made by the automotive experts at CarsDirect, Autos.com, and Autodata; and by the Wikicars' community. Please make nominations (or criticisms) by using the the discussion tab above.
The Greenest Zero-Compromise Automobiles
- Toyota Prius: The Prius is the iPod of hybrids; there are hybrids with more functionality, power, or space-- but with elegant and simple design, the Prius delivers on its fuel efficiency promise with 48 mpg. See also Toyota Prius Review.
- Honda Civic Hybrid: Honda is one of the few manifacturers giving Toyota a strong chase in the hybrid market. The Civic offers a solid alternative to the Prius and checks in at 47 mpg. See also Honda Civic Hybrid Review.
- Toyota Camry Hybrid: A full featured, full bodied sedan that delivers 38 mpg. See also Toyota Camry Hybrid Review.
For the Power Hungry
- Honda Accord Hybrid: Luxurious and optimized for performance.
- Lexus GS 450h: With 340 HP, who says hybrids can't be fast, too?
- Ford Escape Hybrid: The Escape hybrid sets the standard for SUV fuel efficiency at 32 mpg. See also Ford Escape Hybrid Review.
- Lexus RX 400h: The beautiful and powerful hybrid luxury SUV.
Fuel Efficiency Champion
- Honda Insight: Developed well before its time, this vehicle drinks gas one drop at a time.
Other Consumer Favorites