|Body Style||4-door pickup|
|Height||70.3 in. (71.2 in. on RTL models)|
|Engine||3.5 liter (3471cc) SOHC V6|
|Power|| 247 hp @ 5750 RPM |
245 lb-ft @ 4500 RPM
|Similar|| Ford F-150 |
The Honda Ridgeline is a pickup truck, sharing its unibody chassis with the Acura MDX and Honda Odyssey. It is powered by a J35A91 3.5L V6 with a 5-speed automatic transmission and all wheel drive. The Ridgeline is the first pickup truck with a fully-independent suspension. The Ridgeline is built in Alliston, Ontario, Canada alongside the Honda Pilot and MDX.
See Wikicars' comprehensive Honda Ridgeline Review.
- 1 Recent Changes
- 2 Styles and Major Options
- 3 Pricing
- 4 Gas Mileage
- 5 Reliability
- 6 Safety
- 7 Photos
- 8 Colors
- 9 Main Competitors
- 10 Hybrid Models
- 11 Unique Attributes
- 12 Resale Values
- 13 Criticisms
- 14 Generations
- 15 Worldwide
- 16 Design quirks and oddities
- 17 Awards
- 18 See also
- 19 External Links
It is noted espcially for its use of a unibody frame: unusual in pickup trucks, as well as "car-like" features such as a large "trunk" below the truck bed. The bed is integrated with the body, similar to the Chevrolet Avalanche. Anti-lock brakes, stability assist, side airbags and side-curtain airbags are standard equipment. In concept, the Ridgeline shares much with such vehicles as the car-based Chevrolet El Camino, Ford Ranchero, and the Subaru Baja. The Ridgeline also has a large rear seat with easy folding operations.
Styles and Major Options
Three trim levels are available:
RTL w/ Leather
RTL w/ Leather & Nav.
As seen on the FuelEconomy.gov website, the City/Highway MPG averages are as follows:
- City: 15 MPG
- Highway: 20 MPG
- Combined: 17 MPG
Autos.com ranked the Ridgeline first in "Safety" amongst popular full-size trucks.
A few key safety features on the Honda Ridgeline:
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Front Side Airbags with Passenger-Side Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS)
- LATCH and Child-Seat Tether Anchors
- Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA®)
- Aberdeen Green Metallic
- Billet Silver Metallic
- Dark Cherry Pearl
- Formal Black
- Nimbus Gray Metallic
- Steel Blue Metallic
- There has never been an In-Bed Trunk - until now.
When considering the purchase of a new vehicle, it's important to keep in mind what the eventual resale value will be. It is expected that the Honda Ridgeline will have a high resale value, as it has only been on the market for a year, and carries the Honda name.
2006 Honda Ridgeline
- $27,700 - $33,490
2007 Honda Ridgeline
- $27,800 - $34,940
- "...the engine lacks the deep torque of a V8 for strong off-the-line pulling." - Cars.com
- "Stability control and four-wheel disc brakes with ABS are standard, though grippier tires would help both handling and braking." - Automobile
- "There is no driver-side vanity mirror and no power adjustment to the passenger seat - though for this kind of money there should be." - Cars.com
- The unibody design makes it harder for mechanics to repair after the vehicle has been in a collision
- Harder to modify. Body lifts cannot be added. Less durable than a body-on-frame designed truck.
First Generation/Origins (2006–present)
The Ridgeline was released in March 2005 as a 2006 model. It is currently one of the best selling trucks in the midsize, 4wd, 4door, shortbed segment. It is rated with a 5,000 lb towing capacity and a 1,100 lb bed capacity. It's unibody combined with a ladder frame chassis gives it 2.5 times more bending rigidity and 20 times more torisional rigidity than any other truck in its segment.
Design quirks and oddities
- The rear seats of the Honda Ridgeline flip up for more cargo room.
In the short time that the Honda Ridgeline has been out on the market, it has accumulated numerous titles, glories, awards, and accolades. A few noteworthy ones:
- Motor Trends Truck of the Year for 2006
- North American Truck of the Year for 2006
- Detroit News Truck of the Year for 2006
- Consumer Reports Top Rated Truck
- J.D. Power & Associates 2005 APEAL Award for the Honda Ridgeline
- Autobytel 2006 Editors' Choice Award: Truck of the Year for 2006
- Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC) Best New Pickup for 2006
- On Wheels Incorporated: Ridgeline 2006 Urban Wheel Award for the Urban Truck of the Year
- Ridgeline wins Strategic Visions coveted "Most Delightful" compact pickup award.
- Best rollover resistance rating of any pickup tested by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- First-ever 4-door pickup to earn a 5-star safety rating for both front and side impact crash test performance from the U.S. National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- Society of Plastic Engineers 2005 Grand Award (composite inbed trunk)
- Car And Driver rates Honda Ridgeline #1 Pick-up.
- AutoWeek Editors' Choice Award as the Most Significant new vehicle in the show
- Maxim Truck Of The Year 2006
- 'AutoWeb.com Top Ten Tailgater
- Honda Ridgeline Information Resource and Forums
- Honda Ridgeline Owners Club
- Honda Ridgeline Owner Forums, Accessory hook ups
- Honda Ridgeline SUT Owners
- Honda Ridgeline Troubleshooting
- Honda Ridgeline Modification Discussion Forum
- Honda Names All-New 4-Door 4WD Truck 'Ridgeline'
- Edmunds.com Long-Term Test