Wikicars, a place to share your automotive knowledge
Results from the 2001 Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix held at Hungaroring on August 19, 2001. This race saw Michael Schumacher win his fourth World Championship and equal Alain Prost's record of 51 Grand Prix victories.
- Fastest Lap: Mika Häkkinen 1m 16.723s
- Pole Position: Michael Schumacher 1m 14.082s
- Heinz-Harald Frentzen was back in action after being sacked by the Jordan team, taking the place of Jean Alesi at Prost; Alesi took Frentzen's place at Jordan for the remainder of the season.
- From this race to the end of the season, Jarno Trulli drove the number 11 Jordan car instead of the number 12, which was given to Alesi.
- Eddie Irvine spun out his Jaguar at the first corner at the start.
- The 1-2 finish by Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello meant that Ferrari clinched their third consecutive constructor's championship.
Standings after the race
- Bold text indicates the World Champions.
- Drivers' Championship standings
|1||Template:Country flagicon Michael Schumacher||94|
|2||Template:Country flagicon David Coulthard||51|
|3||Template:Country flagicon Rubens Barrichello||46|
|4||Template:Country flagicon Ralf Schumacher||44|
|5||Template:Country flagicon Mika Häkkinen||21|
- Constructors' Championship standings
|1||Template:Country flagicon Ferrari||140|
|2||Template:Country flagicon McLaren-Mercedes||72|
|3||Template:Country flagicon Williams-BMW||59|
|4||Template:Country flagicon Sauber-Petronas||20|
|5||Template:Country flagicon BAR-Honda||16|